Spa parties have grown in popularity over the recent years. They are the result of 2 desires of a modern day woman (and man): the need to relax and unwind by pampering one’s self and the desire to have a party that is a little out of the ordinary. Luckily, Makati and nearby Fort Bonifacio is filled with fabulous spa destinations! Here are some of our picks, and their corresponding rates.
1) Nail Tropics: Greenbelt 5 Mall
- treatment: P600 to P900 per person – you get to choose between a hand spa, foot spa, or both (with nail art)
- with unlimited complementary drinks (when we went there, the drink was green tea, but it’s not the Japanese green tea, it’s more like an apple green drink)
- the place is very conducive to relaxation. It’s nice and clean, the staff is hospitable, and the interior has a nice calm tropical feel to it. The place is not too cramped as long as you are just a group of 10
- there is a small area at the front where you can set up a small dessert or snack corner.
- 15% off for the celebrant
- minimum of 10 persons
- 4 hours use of venue
- If you plan on reserving the venue during peak hours or during a weekend, additional percentage costs will be included
- a service percentage fee is also included
2) Dashing Diva: Greenbelt 5 Mall
- the spa is a cozy corner located inside the Beauty Bar store.
- treatment: P950 / person for manicure/pedicure
- with complementary drinks
- minimum of 8 persons (anything more than 8 will actually be a little cramped already, in my opinion)
- 3 hours use of venue
3) Nail Spa: Near AIM Conference Center Hotel
- located near the AIM hotel, and near the Greenbelt mall as wel
- the interiors are gorgeous – a beautiful contrast of crisp white and striking blue. Several feminine touches adorn the place like the fancy frames and chandelier. The place is more spacious than the 2 above and is perfect if you want to have a more elaborate party setup.
- 3 hours use of venue
- one round of iced tea or hot tea
- extra hour: 1,000
The Spa: Fort Bonifacio
If you’re willing to go just a few minutes outside of Makati, there is one very beautiful venue in the Fort Bonifacio complex called The Spa. Upon entering, you are immediately transported to a Zen-like place.
There is actually a branch of The Spa in Greenbelt, but the one in the Fort area is the one best suited for spa parties. This is very pricey though. You have a P10,000 consumable fund for a minimum of 8 people. You also get to use their wet room.
You can choose among their many spa packages, from manicure / pedicure to their body massage. The latter seems to be a better choice for this venue. Their suite/villa rates for body massages are around P2,600 and up. A foot scrub or foot massage costs around P1,300 per person.
The problem with this venue is that you can’t just bring food from anywhere. You can only buy food from Cav, which is a pretty high-end place.
Home Manicure / Pedicure Service
Another option is to book a hotel or condotel room and hire a home manicure / pedicure service. This is a more intimate setting, and this will give you a lot more freedom to decorate the venue. It can also turn into a fun slumber party of sorts.
Have any venues to suggest? Post below!